I ran a webinar a couple of days ago on the topic of finding your flow in your business, more specifically your health and well-being business. My premise was that many of us struggle to build a viable business because there are certain obstacles that prevent us being totally aligned and authentic in what we are doing. This in turn prevents us from doing our best work that would attract great clients or customers. These obstacles can be physical, emotional, mental or even spiritual and we may have more than one of these preventing us really connecting to what we want to do.
From talking to clients and students over the years I find that many of you feel lacking in confidence, especially but not exclusively women, and this can prevent you from explaining clearly what it is that you do. There are many reasons why you feel this way, but here are a few tips to help you increase your confidence:
- Make sure you get high quality training, both in your chosen field and in business practice so that you have a solid foundation of knowledge
- Belong to the appropriate professional body for information updates so that you have up-to-date skills and support if things get difficult
- Invest in your personal development, which could be as simple as reading books or more intensive work such as coaching or seminars, so that you can be the best you can be
- Get treatments, therapies or remedies to help with the way you feel, or maybe conventional medical help so that your mind, body and spirit are balanced and you feel that you are functioning fully in all those areas
- Choose wisely who you spend time with- sometimes our ‘friends’ pull us down the most